Seekers of the Lavished Wilderness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seekers of the Lavished Wilderness

Welcome to the Seekers!

Role-Play Tips : Creating Your Character and Role-Playing

Phillip Phillips
    Phillip Phillips
    Rocha

Role-Play Tips : Creating Your Character and Role-Playing Empty Role-Play Tips : Creating Your Character and Role-Playing

Post  Phillip Phillips Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs Rᴏʟᴇ-ᴘʟᴀʏ, Aɴʏᴡᴀʏs

When people say Role-play, they normally refer to a person taking a role of another person or animal. They take the role of a character they created. Along with other characters other members of the whatever site you're on created, you will make something like a story. Your character will react to the previous post and so on. In the Seekers, we role-play wolves, a type of canine. If you're a beginner, you should go on the web and find out some of the behaviour and facts about wolves. This will help you when it comes to role-playing them and making your character.

Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀ Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ

So, making a character. You have so much options out there, but what do you do when it really comes down to making your character?

When I make my characters I normally get a rough view of their personality. Are they a fighter? Are they kind or shy? There are so many choices. Let's say my character is a fighter. Now that we have a personality, after that step, I try and find a name. You can pick our any random name like Amy or Wind. Personally, I like a name with a meaning behind it. If I had a fighter character, I would normally pick a name which relates to his name. For example, for my fighter character, I could use the name Oppugnare which means attack in Latin or maybe the name Aíma - Blood in Greek. Once again, there are so many options for you to explore!

Now for the appearance. The color spectrum for wolf eyes is green (rarer then the other colors), gray or silver which is normally with a tint of another color, brown, yellow, gold, amber, and if there is a genetic defect or the wolf has some domestic dog in its blood, the eyes will be blue. But remember, blue is a VERY rare color in the wild. As for fur, it can be any grayscale shade from white to black, as well as brown, taupe, brownish-red, tan, many variations of gray, and other colors along these lines. Wolf fur can change and may lighten (Or occasionally darken) just like human hair! If you want to see examples of wolf fur, look on Google!

And now for history. Many people have a history which defines the personality and traits of their wolf. Let's say if your wolf's natal pack was engaged in a brutal battle between another pack? They could be withdrawn from the pack, silent, and aggressive. Other people are the offspring of the alphas. They were brought up as sophisticated and dominant, thus being neat and once again, sophisticated.

Now that we've made your character, let's move onto the role-play.

How to Role-Play

Remember, role-play is like a response to the previous post. For example~

Wolf 1 walked up to Wolf 2. His eyes glinted with curiosity as he examined the wolf. He'd seen this wolf around but he had never met her. "Hello, there" he barked

Wolf 2 perked her ears to a voice. Oh, she writhed beneath her pelt nervously. She was always shy and now was no exception "H-Hello.." she stammered "Who are you?" the female said shyly

Wolf 1 tilted his head at her stammering. She clearly appeared to be the shy type "I am NAME, and you are?" his voice was characterized by a comforting tone

Wolf 2 felt relieved by his words. They were soft and caring "I.. I'm NAME."

If nobody socialized with your wolf, hey, go socialize with them! Role-play is nothing without other active role-players.

Remember, there is a 30 word minimum. Made a post and don't know what else to add? I generally follow some simple steps.

1. React to the post before you
    Write your character's reaction and what your character has to say to what the person before you said and did.

2. Write your thoughts
    Write about what your character is thinking - What they feel about what is happening to them. Talk about their emotions.

3. Use your senses!
    What does your character smell and taste at this moment? What does the grass feel like under their paws? DESCRIBE!

4. Describe the nature around you
    Absorb your surroundings and describe them! Did a mantle sweep over the night sky, scattering countless stars upon it, or is the sun brighter then ever? Once again, use your senses!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:31 am